Every year, our sister company, Jacobs Media, fields Techsurvey, the radio broadcasting industry’s largest online survey. Now, in its thirteenth year and with over 50,000 respondents, it identifies key trends in the mobile, social, and connected car spaces. Techsurvey has been quoted throughout the media world by companies such as CNN, The New York Times, and eMarketer.
Techsurvey helps companies better understand their audiences in a world where technology changes quickly and how their brand is represented in that world. One of the insights this survey provides is the emerging role of voice command technology.
Here are some of the key takeaways about how consumers use voice command technology:
- 88% of respondents reported to have a radio where they live – down 1% from the previous year. But only 76% of Millennials have a radio where they live.
- 11% of survey-takers own a smart speaker such as Amazon Echo (“Alexa”) or Google Home.
- Overall, 20% said they use the voice command features on devices they own on a frequent basis. That includes connected car systems, smartphones, etc. Furthermore, about 1 out of every 4 GenX-ers use these features frequently.
- 25% said they use voice commands occasionally.
- Among those who own smart speakers, 47% use the built-in voice command feature frequently.
- 38% of smartwatch owners use the built-in voice command feature on a frequent basis as well.
At jācapps, we understand the power of voice and how it has the potential to change the way people listen to radio, podcasts, etc. in their homes and their cars. That’s why we debuted SonicAi, a joint venture with Amplifi Media that develops “skills” for voice-command devices, or smart speakers, like Amazon Echo and Google Home.
Click here to reach out to us and set up a conversation about how voice command technology will impact your brand. You can also give us a call at 248-353-9030 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.